We have released a 32-page white paper, detailing the rise and impact of digital health – a sector which is projected to evolve into a trillion-dollar global market by 2030.
This is a first in a series of five reports aimed at covering the breadth of the digital healthcare sector.
The disruptive impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has exposed underlying supply, efficiency and accessibility constraints that have historically plagued the healthcare sector.
The resulting domino effect has forced healthcare systems across the globe to:
- take stock of the failings within the traditional face-to-face, brick and mortar, health model; and in doing so
- prioritise digital transformation by accelerating widespread digital health adoption by as much as five years.
This in turn has driven global digital health funding to record highs – attracting $22 billion in 2020. This support is seeding a new generation of tech-enabled healthcare services, which are laying the foundation for a digitally connected ecosystem, that will leverage big data, virtual delivery, and process automation to democratise access to healthcare.
However, the journey towards a fully transformed digital health ecosystem, will take time. At a global level, healthcare expenditure hit $8.3 trillion in 2020 – making it the fourth largest component of global GDP. That same year, the digital health market generated ~$200 billion in revenue – equating to a sector digitalisation rate of less than 3%.
The low level of digitalisation within the global healthcare sector provides for immense opportunity for investors. By 2030, the global digital health market is projected to exceed a trillion dollars, indicating a market growth rate of 18% CAGR (2021 to 2030).
Key Topics Covered in the report:
- The current state and pace of digital transformation in healthcare
- Structural bottlenecks with the traditional healthcare model
- Major hurdles to wider digital adoption
- The evolutionary path to digital health
- Sizing up the market opportunity: Market Size & growth forecasts to 2030
- What are the major growth opportunities within digital health
- Key technologies disrupting healthcare
- Market Map and key players: Digital Health
- Investment activity: notable listings, M&A activity, and VC funding.
Download a free copy of the full report here.